Start Date: Immediately
About Miundo Misingi
The Miundo Misingi Hub is a Centre for Excellence in infrastructure financing and development that brings together infrastructure development practitioners, companies, public sector bodies, academia and civil society organisations.
The Hub is incorporated in Kenya and located in Nairobi and serving the East Africa region including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
The Hub is looking to immediately recruit an Intern Accountant with the following profile
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree with specialization in Accounting;
- Possession of CPA Certification is an added advantage;
- Should be available to work on full time basis for at least six months;
- Should be able to interpret and analyze accounting data;
- A good understanding of infrastructure project finance and Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) is an added advantage;
- Should have good report writing skills;
- Should have good written and oral communication skills;
The internship duration is Three months. However, the duration can be extended to a long-term contract subject to management’s satisfaction with the staff’s performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer, the Intern shall perform the following tasks:
- Book keeping and recording of the Hub’s transactions;
- Filling and payment of statutory deductions and taxes;
- Review and processing of the Hub’s payments’
- Analysis and interpretation of accounting information and reports;
- Supporting internal team in the financial structuring of infrastructure projects;
- Managing of accounting system;
- Any other tasks that will be assigned to the staff.
The Hub will pay a monthly stipend during the period of the internship.
If you are interested in joining our team, kindly send us your updated CV, Statement of Interest and academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11th July 2022 at 1600 hrs..